Thanks to Toni of Wifely Steps and Mommy Ginger for giving me the Sunshine Award. I was pleasantly surprised to receive such a lovely award. I did get the first award from Toni last October 2013 and did not have the time to write this blog post till now. I received my award from Ginger at the beginning of this year. The mechanics are the same except that Toni’s award requires me to write 11 random things about myself. Ginger and Toni have different questions so I will answer Toni’s questions on this post and answer Ginger’s questions on another post. Online casino Ireland. ###
For the Sunshine Award, the blogger must:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
- Share 11 random facts.
- Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List 11 bloggers to recommend. They should be bloggers you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love!
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate, answer & let all the bloggers know they’ve been nominated. You cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you.
11 Random Things About Me
- I love the mystery and crime genre. When I was a teenager, I read Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys. I moved on to reading John Grisham, then Mary Higgins Clark. Now I really like to read the contemporary Christian fiction writer Randy Singer.
- TV series that I like to watch are CSI, CSI Miami (bummed that it’s now over), CSI New York, Criminal Minds, The Closer, Major Crimes. I also like reality TV contests like American Idol, Project Runway, Project Accessories, The VoicePH. I used to like America’s Next Top Model but I got tired of the catfights.
- I used to dream of becoming a doctor. If I were one now, I would probably be an OB-Gyn.
- Aside from English and Tagalog, I speak Ilonggo and Visaya and some Chinese.
- I’m half Chinese. Lim is my maiden name.
- I cook a mean lasagna and love cooking for my family.
- I really like potatoes – fried, baked and chips, but I am avoiding them now because I just learned that potatoes are like pure sugar in the body.
- After reading books by Christian authors, I now feel that the books by authors I used to like before are too violent for me.
- I enjoy my online life – I have met so many new friends online, especially through Manila Work At Home Moms.
- I will probably never stop learning. As long as I live, there will always be something new to learn.
- I have always wanted to be a mom, even as a teenager, that’s how I pictured myself as an adult.
Now to answer Toni’s questions:
1. What advice would you give your 17-year-old self?
I would tell my 17-year-old self to push forward and soar free. Leave the boundaries that are set for me by others.
There are no boundaries. Dream big, aim high, just go.
2. What color makes you look extra beautiful?
Red has always been my all-time favorite color. I believe it makes me glow.
3. If you could cook only ONE dish perfectly all the time, what dish would it be and why?
I would like to make a healthy, low-fat cheesecake perfectly. I chose this one because our family loves cheesecake but it is so fattening. Even if we are aiming to lose weight and be healthy, I would like us to enjoy a cheesecake and not have to be guilty or anxious about the extra calories.
4. Do you think you’ll consider cosmetic surgery in the future? Why/why not?
I have considered having my breasts done. I don’t know what it’s called but what I want is to have it at the same position and shape as it was when I was 18 years old.
5. Have you ever been so involved with a TV show that you cried when the season/run ended?
Yes, yes, yes. It hurts when I found out that CSI Miami has ended. When The Closer finally ended, I couldn’t bear to watch the last episode and I cried, too.
6. Who’s a fictional character you’d like to be best friends with?
I don’t have an answer to this but my kids think I’d like to meet Brenda Lee Johnson of The Closer.
7. What’s the first thing you do upon waking up?
I open my eyes and ask one of my kids to find my eyeglasses. Hehe! But after that I would check my email on my phone.
8. How superstitious are you?
Not at all. I don’t believe in superstition because I know that God is sovereign over all things. I don’t depend on the position of things, on whether I walked under a ladder, etc, for my future. My future is in God’s hands and I can trust Him for all things.
9. What else would you like to achieve with your blog?
Beyond The Silver and The Gold started out as a way to encourage Filipino homeschool families to persevere in their own journey despite the challenges that they face. As my family and children grew, I changed too. The direction of this blog has now expanded to helping work-at-home moms with their challenges, documenting our weight loss journey and providing inspiration for moms. I dream for this blog to keep on growing, to keep on providing encouragement and wisdom to moms and their families.
10. When faced with stress, which do you go for: Fight or Flight?
Flight, because I like to go to my happy place first and try to turn my back on the cause of stress. Then, knowing it’ll never go away, I’ll fight till the end.
11. What song calms you down?
I don’t have any one particular song, but any worship song that will help me to worship God always calms me down.
Passing On The Sunshine Award
I am nominating these 11 bloggers because they bring sunshine to everyone they touch.
- Chris of Mommy Journey
- Julieanne of Joy In Our Journey
- Tina of Truly Rich Mom
- Patricia of Mrs. C’s Sugarcoated Life
- Marge of The Happy WAHM
- Lani of Tweensel Mom
- Jhanis of The Vanilla Housewife
- Janice of Roller Coaster Ride
- Millie of Not Your Ordinary Mum
- Cheryl of Not Just Yum
- May of Fully Housewifed
Let Us Know You More by Answering These Questions
- How did we become friends?
- What are your favorites: color, food, drink, weather?
- What do you like to do on your spare time?
- Share a photo of you and your hubby/life partner (if you or he wouldn’t mind ) and tell us how he brings sunshine into your life.
- Share the link to your favorite blog post and and tell us why this is your favorite. It doesn’t have to be the most visited or most commented on, but one that you wrote with your heart and mind.
- Given the chance to live your life over again, what would you leave out of it?
- If you were your own child, how would you treat yourself?
- Share something funny about yourself.
- What do you write about on your blog and how has blogging affected your life?
- Who is your blogging inspiration?
- What or who can you not live without?
That’s it! I am so looking forward to your blog posts.